[TYPO3-core] Release Team meetings, feature freeze, 6.0 beta1 release, ...

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sat Aug 18 12:55:49 CEST 2012

Hi,

The exact reasons why things are the way they are is less important IMO.
After 4.5 we agreed that this level of communication was desirable and
in fact vital to keep the connection with the team and the community as
good as possible.
So, if a weekly meeting isn't possible a short message about it is enough.

There is always need for more manpower. The Release Team has the
overview on what is done by whom, what needs extra attention and what is
not happening at all. Instead of the passive approach where those who
want to contribute have to search for things to do, a list or a query in
forge (mark issues with a version like 6.0beta1) published to this list
will inspire people to contribute.

My remark about Ingo was not about him using Twitter for his request,
but about the fact that there was nothing prepared (like we did with
previous releases) with the priority patches which the Release Team
really wanted in before feature freeze.

It's not that I could have guessed that feature freeze was postponed,
it's about not communicating this.
This week I had enough free time to do reviews or update patches, but
because I expected the beta release last Tuesday and the weather was
rather hot I planned other things.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member