[TYPO3-core] Release Team meetings, feature freeze, 6.0 beta1 release, ...

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Sat Aug 18 18:01:55 CEST 2012

Hi everybody,

here's the mentioned update on the projects and things that currently
shall be concentrated on:

1) New (new) Extension Manager

The new (new) extension manager has been merged to the core now, and the
old ExtJS based extension manager has been removed. So, there are still
issues that need to be solved. Be aware that the translation handling
module will be a separate thing and TER upload will be part of another
extension (e.g. extdeveval) later on.

see http://forge.typo3.org/issues/39726
see http://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Extensions/languagehandling.git

2) TYPO3 Bootstrap mechanism

So, basically this is available but needs still some clean-up like
putting the mass of methods in the bootstrap to logical "super-methods"
that combines those tiny methods...

see http://forge.typo3.org/issues/38086

3) Extbase

After the code sprint in July 2012 in Stuttgart, there again was some
more action in this project. Signal Slot handling finally has been fixed
to have it callable outside of Extbase as well (e.g. FAL uses this).
A lot of new model objects have been integrated already, but one
important to have a FAL integration in Extbase as well is still pending.
Besides that making use of the "new" property mapper (so enabling it by
default) and integrating HMAC support for that area are thing that still
need some thoughs and review (and possbily work).

see
https://review.typo3.org/#/q/status:open+project:TYPO3v4/CoreProjects/MVC/extbase+branch:master,n,z
see https://review.typo3.org/#/c/13885/ (FAL)
see https://review.typo3.org/#/c/13879/ -
https://review.typo3.org/#/c/13880/ (UserGroup)
see https://review.typo3.org/#/c/13585/ (HMAC)
see https://review.typo3.org/#/c/2798/ (Auto PageType for URIs)
see https://review.typo3.org/#/c/2636/ -
https://review.typo3.org/#/c/13823/ (configuration possibilities)

4) jQuery Integration

Currently the API to load jQuery in the t3lib_PageRenderer is available
and a patch for requireJS is pending. To make it short for this report,
jQuery will not be enforced in TYPO3 6.0 since we lack of a proper
guideline on how to create clean and exensible jQuery plugins and how to
interact with our existing components. Starting to convert every
prototype.js disposal to jQuery is just not doable and might end up in
mixed cases again which is not what was intended with "clean jQuery
integration"...

There will be a more detailed info on that - this one must be enough for
the time being to avoid somebody is "wasting" energy on that currently...

5) Logging Framework

This project has been included in the Core, however the "make use of it"
part is still missing here. There are some issue in the core issue
tracker and a lot of more in the logging project tracker - however I'm
not sure what is still targeted for 6.0.0 after the inclusion...

see http://forge.typo3.org/issues/39712
see http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-logging/issues

6) Language Handling and simplify pages_language_overlay

Nothing happened in this regard and time is too limited to still have
that in the core. It was about removing the TypoScript conditions to map
&L to some value (use a default way for that) and besided that get rid
of the separate pages_language_overlay table.

7) Several Workspace Improvements & Changes

Those changes are partly available in the workspaces project or spread
over two specific GitHub projects. So the task (mine) here is to create
an overview and create small patches for Gerrit for accordant reviews -
this needs to happen this weekend as well... thus, there will be updates
on this sub-topic...

In general a wiki-page (or whatever) that only contains a max. of 20
issues would be really helpful. The fact that anybody can change the
"priority" field in forge does not really help to prioritize - so, we
need an alternative here.

Cheers,
Olly

--