[TYPO3-core] Migrating the system extension manuals to ReStructured Text

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Aug 2 22:57:24 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 2-8-2012 21:40, François Suter wrote:
> No it is not what I meant. Although it is a functional in a way, it can
> be considered "peripheral" IMO, in the sense that it's not going to
> break anything in the way neither the FE nor the BE works.

Then the feature freeze is only for absolutely essential parts of the
core? If this is allowed there is no reason to deny other late features
in the peripheral parts:
- extra reports
- new hooks
- useradmin
- etc.

In previous releases new hooks (even with pending patches!) have been
denied after feature freeze.

It seems that it is true that people never learn from history. I don't
think I need to remind anybody about various exceptions of the feature
freeze concept and what problems arose.

A solution.

You already mentioned a hook / hooks in the new-new (when will we stop
using new, modern, futuristic, etc.?) EM to support additional formats.
Why not implement them first and try to get the new functionality in
before feature freeze. If this can't be done the ReST rendering can be
implemented as an extension using those hooks and include it in the core
in 6.1.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member