[TYPO3-core] Migrating the system extension manuals to ReStructured Text

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Aug 3 14:47:36 CEST 2012

Hi Jigal,

> It seems that it is true that people never learn from history. I don't
> think I need to remind anybody about various exceptions of the feature
> freeze concept and what problems arose.

I've been a strong advocate of strict feature freezes so don't
misunderstand me. OTOH it is still legitimate IMO to ask for exceptions
and let the RMs or the wider Core Team decide. Rules are fine, but they
get wrong when they become written in stone.

> You already mentioned a hook / hooks in the new-new (when will we stop
> using new, modern, futuristic, etc.?) EM to support additional formats.
> Why not implement them first and try to get the new functionality in
> before feature freeze. If this can't be done the ReST rendering can be
> implemented as an extension using those hooks and include it in the core
> in 6.1.

Yes, absolutely.

As for "new-new", well, I don't know how to call it ;-) Maybe "EM 6.0"?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter