[TYPO3-core] Feature full text support with MySQL

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Oct 5 22:52:32 CEST 2011

Xavier Perseguers schrieb am 05.10.2011 16:18:

> I am forced to reject the patch that introduces the full text search
> when using MySQL [1]. Please see commit message for reasons if that is
> not obvious for you.
>
> As I prefer democracy over dictatorship, I'd like you to "approve" my
> position:
>
> https://review.typo3.org/#change,5566
>
> The actual patch will be merged anyway until tomorrow...
>
> Thanks for your understanding.
>
> [1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/28613

I understand and agree with the reasons, but I don't understand why you
have approved the patch in your review (after feature freeze) on 20.9,
and also Dmitry announced that he'll merge it the day after that. It
took some more time for him to do so, but all the hassle could be
minimized if you had stated this position earlier on.

Nevertheless the patch is not lost, and we should re-commit it as soon
as 4.6.0 is out on the 4.7 branch, as it seems like a nice addition.

But please, don't write such a long statement in the commit message,
this should be short and "to the point". You can put the augmented
position as an issue trackers note.

Cheers,
Ernesto