[TYPO3-core] Feature full text support with MySQL

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Thu Oct 6 15:36:01 CEST 2011

Hi,

> I understand and agree with the reasons, but I don't understand why you
> have approved the patch in your review (after feature freeze) on 20.9,

I agree that my code review was not the better idea. I cannot figure out
why I gave my +1 without noticing the 4.6 target.

> and also Dmitry announced that he'll merge it the day after that. It
> took some more time for him to do so, but all the hassle could be
> minimized if you had stated this position earlier on.

I was on holiday and simply did not see this message.

> Nevertheless the patch is not lost, and we should re-commit it as soon
> as 4.6.0 is out on the 4.7 branch, as it seems like a nice addition.

For sure. This is definitely not lost.

> But please, don't write such a long statement in the commit message,
> this should be short and "to the point". You can put the augmented
> position as an issue trackers note.

This has been done. Thanks for your review.

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!