[TYPO3-core] Redirect to Shortcut target feature in 4.6 break news feed link

Bernd Wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Tue Oct 4 10:38:02 CEST 2011

On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 15:01:26 +0700, Visay Keo wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>> The old situation was that the same content was shown at the URL of
>>> the target page and at the URL of the shortcut page. Duplicate content
>>> is bad for SEO; many search engines will punish the ranking for a site
>>> which has duplicate content.
>
> Make sense.
>
>> as the search engines know about CMSs and scripts in 2009 the canonical
>> tag was invented, which provides a better way to give the search
>> engines one unique URL [¹]
>
> How will this work in the case of introduction package? I'm sorry I
> don't speak German yet, so if you can give example for introduction
> package, it's a great help.

you need one additional tag in your html-header which provides the unique
URL. as TYPO3 always generates links to a page in the same way you can
take the URL from TYPO3. this is done in the typoscript of my page.

Meanwhile there are extensions for full automatic generation and include
of the canonical tag.

bernd