[TYPO3-core] Reviews

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Tue Mar 15 10:53:15 CET 2011

Hi.

On 15.03.2011, at 10:49, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> Another thing: there are no (or hardly any) "how to test" instructions in change requests any more. Remember the difference between RFCs with and without these instructions in the core list? :-)

After a push, leave a comment with instructions, if needed. *Not* a problem of the tools, but of the users. ;)

>> git pull
>> git checkout master
>> git fetch git://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Core refs/changes/70/1170/1 && git
>>  checkout FETCH_HEAD
>> git checkout -b rfc/master/17935
>
> Notice the difference with previous SVN testing?

Well, the first two are useless when using the "checkout" command from Gerrit. The last is not needed for testing, only if you want to adjust a change you need it. For simple testing, do this:

git fetch git://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Core refs/changes/70/1170/1 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD
<test>

> Besides testing patches I'm also trying to device a wrapper around Zeta Components graphics routines which we can use in v4 and v5.

Go, go, go! :)

Regards,
Karsten
--