[TYPO3-core] [GIT] Best practice with daily tasks

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Mar 1 23:28:19 CET 2011

Hi Michael,

Am 01.03.2011 23:04, schrieb Michael Stucki:
> Hey Steffen,
>
> while I understand that everyone wants to get his hands dirty with Git
> as soon as possible, I still fear that it will be too confusing for
> beginners if there are too many hints right now.

:) I don't think so - closing svn means automatic that everyone has to
change his environment and thinking from now on. Discussing some parts
here is not bad, as it helps to understand the whole process, and we are
mostly beginners but already feeded with a lot of infos for sure.

> We're currently writing a tutorial which should be ready by tomorrow, so
> please hold on...

that's great and really needed.

> Additionally, we're all gaining practice by asking our experts Peter and
> Karsten directly. I would propose that you either talk to them too (or
> you can also talk to me on Skype) during the beginning phase. Our main
> goal is to release a good documentation, but if we would discuss
> everything of it in this list, I fear it would confuse the masses too
> much...

yes, i will do, but for them it might be a bit more relaxed to answer it
here off time instead all core/non-core devs bombing their skype accounts :)

Enjoy party time now!

vg Steffen