[TYPO3-core] [GIT] Best practice with daily tasks

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Mar 1 23:53:18 CET 2011

Hi Steffen,

>> while I understand that everyone wants to get his hands dirty with Git
>> as soon as possible, I still fear that it will be too confusing for
>> beginners if there are too many hints right now.
>
> :) I don't think so - closing svn means automatic that everyone has to
> change his environment and thinking from now on. Discussing some parts
> here is not bad, as it helps to understand the whole process, and we are
> mostly beginners but already feeded with a lot of infos for sure.

It's fine to discuss but keep in mind that most people will get confused
by such a thread. I would rather suggest that everyone waits until the
documentation is finished, so we're not repeating the same stuff again
and again... (Having a one-day break of using SVN/Git shouldn't be too
hard, is it?!)

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out