[TYPO3-core] Cachingframework implementation for lang sysext

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 29 14:17:52 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 29-6-2011 12:17, Dominique Feyer wrote:
> Dominique Feyer wrote:
>> Do you have any idea on how we can improve this feature ?
>
> What do you think about a caching table for the mtime of each file with
> a short TTL ?

filemtime:
     Note: The results of this function are cached. See clearstatcache()
for more details.

Seems that a cache for this in the database takes more resources than
the PHP function...

It can however be a clever idea to have multiple caching levels. If we
have a small cache in memory which can hold small amounts of data which
are needed frequently this could really help reduce the number of
database requests.
Before deciding to build such a thing statistics about cache hits and
misses, size of items, number of requests for same item, etc. are really
useful.

[1] http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.filemtime.php

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,