[TYPO3-core] Cachingframework implementation for lang sysext

Björn Pedersen pedersen at frm2.tum.de
Wed Jun 29 15:54:57 CEST 2011

Am 29.06.2011 14:17, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> Hi,
>
> On 29-6-2011 12:17, Dominique Feyer wrote:
>> Dominique Feyer wrote:
>>> Do you have any idea on how we can improve this feature ?
>>
>> What do you think about a caching table for the mtime of each file with
>> a short TTL ?
>
> filemtime:
>     Note: The results of this function are cached. See clearstatcache()
> for more details.
>
> Seems that a cache for this in the database takes more resources than
> the PHP function...
>
> It can however be a clever idea to have multiple caching levels. If we
> have a small cache in memory which can hold small amounts of data which
> are needed frequently this could really help reduce the number of
> database requests.
> Before deciding to build such a thing statistics about cache hits and
> misses, size of items, number of requests for same item, etc. are really
> useful.
>
> [1] http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.filemtime.php

Maybe the whole logic is to complicated:

When will the ll-files change:
a) if an extension is installed/updated
b) if they are modified by hand

as the cache is a CachingFramework-cache, it will be cleared by 'clear
all caches', which is in most cases triggered by a).

In case of b)  you probably should just run the clear cache manually,
as the ll-files may affect cache FE-Output anyway.

Björn