[TYPO3-core] How to set up Git GUI client with SSH-RSA key on Windows

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Mon Jun 6 10:33:19 CEST 2011

Hello,

Am 06.06.2011 09:34, schrieb Stephan Schuler:
> Hey all.
>

> Needing the " git push origin HEAD:refs/for/<release-branch>/<topic>" is only half the truth.
> It is true that you need it, but you don't have to type it over and over.

It is true we always use this in documentation and help as the explicit
(long) way is 100% failsafe as it doesn't make any (possibly wrong)
assumptions, doesn't rely on shortcuts or special configs and works on
any project/branch (using gerrit).

If you understand it, then it is pretty logic, push needs two params: a
remote (origin) and a couple of <sourceref>:<targetref>. By this git
knows which server/URL to contact and which local ref to store under
which remote ref.

It is also true that there are numerous ways to do it differently, you
should know that from using TYPO3. ;)

My suggestion is to go the long explicit way until you are confident
with git and this workflow has been working for more than 10 times.
After that you can dig into "making things easier". ;)

Greets and hth,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag