[TYPO3-core] How to set up Git GUI client with SSH-RSA key on Windows

Stephan Schuler Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Mon Jun 6 09:34:23 CEST 2011

Hey all.

Needing the " git push origin HEAD:refs/for/<release-branch>/<topic>" is only half the truth.
It is true that you need it, but you don't have to type it over and over.

Just have a look at "git help remote", I guess it's all there.

There are some commands to configure it, but I don't know them by heart. But you can edit your ".git/config" file as well.
It could look like this:
> [remote "origin"]
>         url = git://git.typo3.org/FLOW3/Packages/FLOW3.git
>         fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/upstream/*
>         push = HEAD:refs/for/master
>         pushurl = ssh://<yourname>@review.typo3.org:29418/FLOW3/Packages/FLOW3
> [branch "master"]
>         remote = origin
>         merge = refs/heads/master

As you can see, there's a place for the "HEADS:refs/for/master" part in the "remote" block.
If you have set up your git config this way, you can only use "git push".

Greats,

Stephan Schuler
Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Website: media.netlogix.de

--
netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
IT-Services | IT-Training | Media

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt