[TYPO3-core] RFC Follow Up To: Performance tuning #16445: Replace exec_SELECTgetRows with exec_SELECTgetSingleRow whenever a single record is expected

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Jan 24 22:01:17 CET 2011

Steffen Gebert schrieb am 24.01.2011 21:12:
>> Bugtracker reference:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16445
>>
>> Branches:
>> trunk
>>
>> Problem:
>> Due to some newly implemented features, getRows has returned to the
>> places that belong to getSingle Row now.
>
> Thanks Joey.
>
> The different repositories (I saw Extbase at least) need own patches
> which have to be committed by the rep-owners.
>
> Although performance matters, of course, I'd like to wait until
> branching, to not introduce an error at this late state of development
> and apply it to 4.6.
>
> Nevertheless, RM decide ;)

We currently concentrate on the remaining "major issues" for now and
will have some "Performance Sprints" early after the 4.5 release, so we
might see some performance improvements even after the release.

These have to be proven to be stable and unobtrusive enough, which is
why we will require more time for testing them.

Please keep them filed as an open issue (target 4.5.0) and also
cross-file them to the pertinent projects (Extbase, Linkvalidator).

Thanks!

Cheers,
Ernesto