[TYPO3-core] RFC Bug #17215: Numbering of colPos inconsistent

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Sun Jan 23 19:03:31 CET 2011

>> Attached V2 takes care of a related misbehaviour of pages that have
>> "none" selected as their backend layout. Columns of these pages must
>> always use the same layout as the default column view and their content
>> elements must not use a modified item list for the colPos selector.
>
> I have to dig through the logic here. But I noticed that there were some
> debug commands left in V2 (in addColPosListLayoutItems() ).

The logic is:

1. Check if there is a backend_layout value other than 0 for the current
page. If this is the case, don't look any further and apply it.
If it is -1, the selected layout is "none", so the uid can stay NULL. If
it is a positive value, it must be the uid of a layout record.

2. If there is no value at all, check if there is a value for
backend_layout_next_level anywhere up the rootline and do the same: -1
=> no layout, positive value => layout uid.

3. In any other case there is no selected layout anywhere in the
rootline so the uid can stay NULL.

> I'll test later tonight (after diner).

Attached V3 without the debug commands.

Cheers