[TYPO3-core] RFC #17175: t3lib_compressor should write .htaccess

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Fri Jan 21 12:47:13 CET 2011

Hey.

On 01/21/2011 11:24 AM, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Putting that as a default example in _.htaccess is not good, because it
> also affects the frontend and typo3conf/ext which we don't control and
> which might not want this "7 days" expiration. Only in
> typo3temp/compressor we can be sure that those file never change
> (because they contain a timestamp in their name).

Point taken.
Couldn't we please find some other solution than hiding this code in
some core class? If _.htaccess in document root doesn't fit it, we can
still add the typo3temp/compressor directory together with default
.htaccess file to dummy and intro package. I'm still against writing
.htaccess during runtime, where it magically appears. This would at
least give admins a chance to get rid of the files without hacking core.

Regards
Christian