[TYPO3-core] RFC #16878: Feature: Make t3lib_utility_Client::getBrowserInfo() aware of more operating systems

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Thu Jan 20 07:13:16 CET 2011

Hi Andreas,

> Problem:
> t3lib_utility_Client::getBrowserInfo() currently misses to correcly detect
> around 120 million iOS-devices and 60 million android-devices. Windows XP,
> Vista and 7 are all detected as Windows NT – which is correct if talking
> about the kernel but wrong otherwise. I'd vote for separate detection of
> them, but it's debatable.

If we are to add such a feature then, considering the millions of iPad,
iPhone and iPod as all the same system is not very useful. Or perhaps,
some new dimension is required.

For example, WebKit as implemented on iPad or iPhone does not support
content editing. Therefore, RTE's cannot be enabled on those systems.

Regards,
Stanislas