[TYPO3-core] RFC #16426 Bugfix: Link field for images is too short to provide links for every image

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Mon Jan 17 22:42:11 CET 2011

Hey.

On 01/06/2011 04:11 PM, JoH asenau wrote:
> Problem:
> The field should be an textarea like it is for "alt" and "title" text.
> Long and anoying discussion on the german newsgroup
> http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-german/2010-November/073503.html
>
> Additional Problem:
> The comma, which is currently used as a separator for multiple links,
> can be a legal part of a URL as well, so a single URL will be split as
> soon as it contains a comma, resulting in at least 2 broken URLs.
>
> Solution:
> Atached patch will
> + Change the DB field type to text
> + Change the form field to textarea
> + Adjust the link browser JS functions so that inside textareas new URLs
> will be inserted as a new line instead of replacing the first line
> + modify CSS-styled-content so that 10 will be used as a splitChar for
> listNum
>
> ToDo:
> Either provide an update wizard in the install tool that changes comma
> to new line in existing installations
> or (in case we don't consider the comma problem to be a bug that should
> be fixed in older versions as well)

As promised attached patch adds this update wizard. @JoH, what do you think?
Advantage: No backwards handling afterwards, the wizard shows if there
are actually comma separated link fields, after execution we don't need
to take care of backwards compatibility issues.

The rest of the patch was roughly tested by me, thus I'd give a +0.5 on
reading and testing and would love to see at least one core member to
review (especially the wizard part) again.

Regards
Christian