[TYPO3-core] RFC Bug #16966: be_layout setting "none" is not working and be_layout should not be inherited automatically

Sebastian Fischer sf at marketing-factory.de
Wed Jan 12 11:55:09 CET 2011

On 12.01.2011 11:27, JoH asenau wrote:
>> I agree that the new concept is argueable but it should be possible to
>> configure which concept should be used with preference on the
>> old/TV-behaviour.
> As I already explained, the behaviour of TV regarding inheritance of
> layouts is annoying, because it forces you into more steps than
> necessary to get to the same results. And it renders the TypoScript
> levelfield slide concept useless, because you always have to check two
> different fields in any record of the root line.

If this is the only point that realy annoyes you, than i can give you a
userfunc that does check both fields already.

> Cheers
>
> Joey

And from a perspectiv as an integrator i can tell you, that i like the
TV behaviour, because i can set the layout field and im done. I dont
have to care about next level or what ever.

I dont see any benefit with moving from one concept to another. And in
special when its not "better".

We other places where we use next level in the same way TV does.
TypoScript has this behaviour too. So why not drop it there in addition?

These are only two different concept and non is better than the other.

Greetings
Sebastian