[TYPO3-core] RFC Bug #16966: be_layout setting "none" is not working and be_layout should not be inherited automatically

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 12 11:36:34 CET 2011

Hi,

On 12-1-2011 10:03, Sebastian Fischer wrote:
> Also it could be discussed wether the behaviour of TV is annoying or not
> it is a present concept that was learned by authors for a long time. It
> would introduce a second concept and only leads to big efford in
> supporting authors with this change and inconsistenc.

The changes that there are editors (not administrators or integrators)
out there who switch from TV to the new grid view in the core Page
module is very close to zero.

Administrators and integrators might have to get used to this behaviour,
but as long as it's well documented I don't expect this to be a real
problem; we should expect some degree of intelligence and reading
capability of this group.
Also because the grid view is a new concept in the core Page module it
is more likely that documentation will be read.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert