[TYPO3-core] RFC #17544: FIRST_INSTALL has no effect when typo3conf is not writable

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Mon Feb 21 11:38:34 CET 2011

François Suter wrote:

> I don't see the difference with or without the patch. I still get the
> same error message. I suppose you have copied it from another place. I
> think the patch is basically correct, but the message needs to be
> changed. It is too technical at that point. Newcomers to TYPO3 should
> not be bothered with technical details about some file that needs to be
> created. Attached v2 does this.

+1 reading and testing v2

The message for typo3conf now differs a bit from the one for typo3temp.
Maybe this could be unified before commit?
Of course checking all folders at once whould be best.

uploads and fileadmin are checked later in 123(4)-Wizard

The IP now guides the user through an install without write rights at all -
nice.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe