[TYPO3-core] Move contrib/ out of typo3/

Christian Welzel gawain at camlann.de
Sat Dec 10 17:53:31 CET 2011

Am 10.12.2011 12:53, schrieb Ingmar Schlecht:

> I think we should add a note to the License files in TYPO3's root
> directory and the typo3/ folder where it says in the beginning of the
> file already that it doesn't include the contrib/ folder.

This would be the easiest way for the licenses, but would not help
me much during packaging. But then i had to live with that.

> Creating another top-level folder would cause a lot of overhead during
> upgrades, because everyone who upgrades needs to create an additional
> symlink, while normally an upgrade from one TYPO3 version to another is
> done by just changing the typo3_src symlink.

I dont believe that this is a strong argument. With that you can never
add anything to the toplevel, and have to press it somewhere where it
(maybe) dont belong to.
I think contrib/ does not belong into the typo3/ directory, as there are
only helper projects, nothing that is core of typo3.
In git master there are currently 82MB in typo3/ but 13MB of them are
contrib/ and not typo3-core. btw tslib/ is only 8.3MB...

--
 MfG, Christian Welzel

  GPG-Key:     http://www.camlann.de/de/pgpkey.html
  Fingerprint: 4F50 19BF 3346 36A6 CFA9 DBDC C268 6D24 70A1 AD15