[TYPO3-core] Collaborating with sandboxes

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Apr 6 08:31:14 CEST 2011

Hi Xavier,

Xavier Perseguers schrieb am 06.04.2011 08:27:

> In order to let other help me with some major refactoring (visibility),
> I pushed my work to my sandbox:
>
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/25403
>
> Now I'd like to push some additional changes to it but whenever I try to
> do so, using the very same push command:
>
> $ git push origin HEAD:sandbox/xperseguers/RFC_25403
>
> It ends up with an error:
>
> To ssh://xperseguers@review.typo3.org:29418/TYPO3v4/Core.git
>  ! [rejected]        HEAD -> sandbox/xperseguers/RFC_25403
> (non-fast-forward)
> error: failed to push some refs to
> 'ssh://xperseguers@review.typo3.org:29418/TYPO3v4/Core.git'
> To prevent you from losing history, non-fast-forward updates were rejected
> Merge the remote changes (e.g. 'git pull') before pushing again.  See the
> 'Note about fast-forwards' section of 'git push --help' for details.

Well, the message already tells you what to do (many git messages
contain hints on how to solve the issues):

Do a "git pull" so that upstream objects are fetched and are merged in
your tree, and then do the "push" again. Nothing changed in your branch,
of course, but git probably doesn't know it until he "pulls" the latest
changes.

> I guess it would be cool for other to describe how to work together on
> one's sandbox before using the Gerrit review system in such cases.

Would be cool yes! If you find a good workflow that works for you,
please share.

Cheers,
Ernesto