[TYPO3-core] Collaborating with sandboxes

Xavier Perseguers xavier.perseguers at typo3.org
Wed Apr 6 08:27:17 CEST 2011

Hi,

In order to let other help me with some major refactoring (visibility),
I pushed my work to my sandbox:

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/25403

Now I'd like to push some additional changes to it but whenever I try to
do so, using the very same push command:

$ git push origin HEAD:sandbox/xperseguers/RFC_25403

It ends up with an error:

To ssh://xperseguers@review.typo3.org:29418/TYPO3v4/Core.git
  ! [rejected]        HEAD -> sandbox/xperseguers/RFC_25403
(non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to
'ssh://xperseguers@review.typo3.org:29418/TYPO3v4/Core.git'
To prevent you from losing history, non-fast-forward updates were rejected
Merge the remote changes (e.g. 'git pull') before pushing again.  See the
'Note about fast-forwards' section of 'git push --help' for details.

I guess it would be cool for other to describe how to work together on
one's sandbox before using the Gerrit review system in such cases.

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6