[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15811: Backend feels slower than it had to feel! Make it appear to be faster again!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Sep 27 11:06:25 CEST 2010

Steffen Kamper schrieb am 27.09.2010 10:55:
> Hi,
>
> the loading mask imho is not disturbing. Yes, i wanted to let design
> team see this mask as i would like to change it visually, but in general
> i like it this way. Before domReady you can't do anything anyway.
>
> I have no problem to make it configurable, but then you choose the wrong
> way. Iframepanel is only the component to use, the configuration happens
> in viewport.js.
>
> For the other place we should wait until Topbar is refactored, then we
> might choose a different place there.

I think the "topbar" is not the right place. For a general "loading"
information the browser already has its own mechanisms we don't need to
repeat in our topbar (as Dmitry already pointed out).

What we currently have is a fine grained detail on where stuff is being
loaded (page tree, module menu, content area, debug panel), which the
browser isn't telling us. So adding a little label box on the to
top/right of each individual panel would be enough to keep the current
feature but to be less intrusive. Is this doable?

Cheers,
Ernesto