[TYPO3-core] RFC: #15811: Backend feels slower than it had to feel! Make it appear to be faster again!

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Sep 27 11:14:21 CEST 2010

Hi,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:

> What we currently have is a fine grained detail on where stuff is being
> loaded (page tree, module menu, content area, debug panel), which the
> browser isn't telling us. So adding a little label box on the to
> top/right of each individual panel would be enough to keep the current
> feature but to be less intrusive. Is this doable?

some insights: ExtJs has to methods used for mask. There is a general
mask (we use now) but it lacks configuration, it's always centered. Then
there is a loadMask option some components use like the grid (to be seen
in recycler). Also this option can't be configured, and it use always an
alignTo which is horrible slow.

I will start a discussion in sencha forum about this issue, i also like
to have more control on it and have it fast. I could do an override, but
let's see if some experts there have a good idea.

vg Steffen