[TYPO3-core] RFC #15666: HCI: SysLanguage Table Icon should be the flag you selected

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Wed Sep 8 21:13:42 CEST 2010

Am 08.09.2010 20:49, schrieb François Suter:
> Hi,
>
>> Problem:
>> On CTM in Elmshorn i talked to Jens about an new Icon for sys_language.
>> He asked me to refactor the table so that the flag you selected is used
>> as icon.
>>
>> I did so, and changed to the flags as sprite.
>> As soon as the tce forms support displaying sprites i'll serve the
>> "selicons" again.
>
> With your patch the will Core contain tons of hard-coded ISO2 codes.
> Could we imagine a solution where the ISO codes are stored somewhere
> else (inside a class or by eventually having a static countries table
> into the core) and the codes are handled dynamically. For the items
> array this can be achieved by calling an itemsProcFunc. For the
> typeicons I don't know if there's anything, but it would be better to
> introduce something similar to itemsProcFunc in this case rather than
> having all these ISO codes hard-coded in several places.
>
> Cheers

Hey Francois, the isocodes are there, because the flags-icons are named
like this. We could use an itemsProcfunc for the selection array, would
be no problem, but I did not know where to put it.

The typeicon_classes we cannot get around... there it does not matter if
we use "classic" typeicons or sprites for typeicons, all information
about all types has to be present in tca.

So as it does not make sense to have one array be build dynamically and
another one hardcoded I left them both as such. And since this is a real
static info (names of all files present in flag folder without
extension) i just put it static.

That's why it's like it is.

regards

Steffen