[TYPO3-core] RFC #15666: HCI: SysLanguage Table Icon should be the flag you selected

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Sep 8 20:49:36 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Problem:
> On CTM in Elmshorn i talked to Jens about an new Icon for sys_language.
> He asked me to refactor the table so that the flag you selected is used
> as icon.
>
> I did so, and changed to the flags as sprite.
> As soon as the tce forms support displaying sprites i'll serve the
> "selicons" again.

With your patch the will Core contain tons of hard-coded ISO2 codes.
Could we imagine a solution where the ISO codes are stored somewhere
else (inside a class or by eventually having a static countries table
into the core) and the codes are handled dynamically. For the items
array this can be achieved by calling an itemsProcFunc. For the
typeicons I don't know if there's anything, but it would be better to
introduce something similar to itemsProcFunc in this case rather than
having all these ISO codes hard-coded in several places.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter