[TYPO3-core] RFC #15611: Feature: Translations of CEs are immediately visible in FE

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Sep 1 10:41:29 CEST 2010

Jigal van Hemert schrieb am 01.09.2010 09:49:
> Hi,
>
> On 31-8-2010 17:41, François Suter wrote:
>>> Can't we just set them to hidden? Why do we need a special option
>>> for doing the obvious thing from the beginning?:)
>
> I added a special option, because hidden content elements are not shown
> by default.
>
> So, if we are going to hide copied / translated elements initially by
> default the option to show hidden elements should maybe also be 'on' by
> default?
>
>> $TCA['tt_content']['ctrl']['hideAtCopy'] = 1;
>
> This would also influence normal copy-paste actions. Do we want this?
> Pages which are copy-pasted are hidden by default.
>
> So the questions are:
>
> 1. Should translated content be hidden initially by default?
> 2. Should hidden content elements be shown by default?
> 3. Should normally copied content elements be hidden initially by default?

To add more "food" to the discussion:

Those actions (copy&paste, translation etc) are usually done in a
Workspace and published "at once". So in that case (if we copy&paste or
translate in a draft workspace), it would be cool to keep the current
behaviour of having them visible by default.

Of course this is different in the Live-Mode, and because a "paste"
might generate a "(Copy 1)" suffix and translations generates "[Please
Translate]" Prefixes, these have to be hidden. If you copy into a
different page, no suffix is generated and usually one means to have
them there "asap" (and not unhide them manually).

We could have that all configurable so that every one can tune it like
they want, or we could simply have usability experts give us an advice
on how it should be (not configurable). We would then be sure all
installations work the same, which is also nice for editors working on
different sites.

Cheers,
Ernesto