[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature: #0016183: Edit TypoScript file content in t3editor

Fabrizio Branca news at _REMOVETHIS_fabrizio-branca.de
Sun Oct 31 21:27:25 CET 2010

> - The recursion check in extractIncludes() is a runtime sanitizing which
> usually shouldn't happen, right? Should we throw an exception instead of
> writing to syslog?

I did this the same way the recursion is handled in
t3lib_TSparser::checkIncludeLines(). Throwing an exception will make it
hard to resolve those recursions once they happen, because the exception
will prevent the editor to open. You would need to edit the template
content in the file, directly in the database or using the "Edit the
whole template record" view.

On the other hand: If you have referenced two typoscripts files to each
other you would have 100 nested commented include statements before the
recursion would be detected, which would not be very readable. Maybe we
should limit this feature to a nesting of 10 levels and additionally
write a commented message to the editor at that position. (e.g.: "###
Error: Recursion occured. Please check your TypoScript content").
Or even better: We could detect recursion by passing an array with the
filenames that already have been loaded the the recursive call and check
this array before loading a file. (Should be done the same way in
t3lib_TSparser::checkIncludeLines() then.)

> - For me the full content is allways saved to the db record, somebody
> confirm?

Hmm, works fine on my machine :)
(http://geekandpoke.typepad.com/geekandpoke/2010/10/advanced-yiw-ommiw.html)

Did you touch the commented include tokens? I assume there's an issue
with detecting the beginning and/or the end line. Maybe it's about
incorrect whitespaces or capitalization.
Could you please post the exact code your having in the template record
while it is in the db and what is loaded to the t3editor?

Bye,

Fabrizio