[TYPO3-core] RFC #15489: remove code warnings about XCLASS and naming annoyances

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 21 21:53:24 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 21-10-2010 20:45, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Firsts, clients should not have admin access.

Welcome to the real world :-) Many clients simply demand admin access in
the contracts after the website is accepted.

> Secondly, if developers ship extensions with such warnings, it makes
> me think bad about such extensions and developers

Well, include this functionality in TER... Such checks could say more
about the quality of the extension than upload comments, download
counters, etc.

>> It's useful information, but it is more suitable for extdeveval.
> How can you expect devs to install extdeveval if they even do not
> fix errors from EM?

If it's exposed in TER and the dev cares about these problems he/she
will use extdeveval to check it before uploading.

My feeling tells me that the EM is more for installing, removing and
configuring extensions. Like the name says: managing extensions.

TER could give some kind of rating of possible problems and extdeveval
can give complete details for the developer.

Just my opinion. I could live with these checks in EM or without them.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert