[TYPO3-core] RFC #16008: A new TypoScript cObject: FLUIDTEMPLATE

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Mon Oct 18 11:42:42 CEST 2010

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:

Hi Ernesto,

> A suggestion is to use "getFileName" from the TStemplate class, which
> will also resolve template resources. So you can attach your fluid
> template directly to your TS template as a "Resource":

There is one issue with that:
Using t3lib_TStemplate::getFileName() returns an empty string if the
template was not found. In the current version of the patch (using Fluid
TemplateView to resolve the template path) this leads to confusing
exception if the file does not exists:
Template could not be loaded. I tried
"C:/typo3/htdocs/dev/typo3/sysext/cms/Resources/Private/Templates/cms/Index.html"

If that was checked before or we'd skip the
Tx_Fluid_View_TemplateView::getTemplateSource() hassle, I'd say +1 for
this change though!

Bastian