[TYPO3-core] RFC #16008: A new TypoScript cObject: FLUIDTEMPLATE

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Sat Oct 16 11:37:41 CEST 2010

Benjamin Mack schrieb:

> this is a SVN patch request.
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> Type: feature
>
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16008
>
> Problem: You cannot use FLUID out from TypoScript
> This is a result of some enthusiastic guys (Steffen Ritter and me) from
> the code sprint. Something we wanted for a long time, and this is our
> first version: a new Typoscript Object Type called "FLUIDTEMPLATE".
> Guess what it does: Yes, it can be used as a replacement for TEMPLATE,
> with (almost) all the glitter that Fluid has to offer.

Nice stuff!

+1 by reading and testing.

A suggestion is to use "getFileName" from the TStemplate class, which
will also resolve template resources. So you can attach your fluid
template directly to your TS template as a "Resource":

-              $templateFile =
t3lib_div::getFileAbsFileName($this->stdWrap($conf['file'],
$conf['file.']));
+              $templateFile =
$GLOBALS['TSFE']->tmpl->getFileName($this->stdWrap($conf['file'],
$conf['file.']));

Cheers,
Ernesto