[TYPO3-core] RFC #16008: A new TypoScript cObject: FLUIDTEMPLATE

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Sun Oct 17 10:56:28 CEST 2010

Hey Benni,

great stuff :-)

I still have some comments.

> +			// fetch the FLUID file
> +		$templateFile = t3lib_div::getFileAbsFileName($this->stdWrap($conf['file'], $conf['file.']));
> +		$templatePath = dirname($templateFile);
> +		$layoutPath = $templatePath . '/layouts';
> +		$partialPath = $templatePath . '/partials';
Could we use "Layouts" and "Partials" as directory, as we use
UpperCamelCase in Extbase extensions for directories? Or what do you
think about that?

What do you need the $requestPluginName,
$requestControllerExtensionName, $requestControllerName,
$requestControllerActionName for? That'd be interesting for me :-) Why
do you initialize all this, instead of setting it to NULL?

> +		$view = t3lib_div::makeInstance('Tx_Fluid_View_TemplateView');
I'd suggest to create a new subclass of
Tx_Fluid_View_AbstractTemplateView, where you directly inject the
layout, partial and template paths. IMHO, the logic inside TemplateView
is not really needed for your particular use case.
(Have a look into TemplateView, it is quite easy code)

> +		/**
> +		 * 4. render the content
> +		 */
> +		return $view->render();