[TYPO3-core] RFC #16008: A new TypoScript cObject: FLUIDTEMPLATE

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Sun Oct 17 11:07:15 CEST 2010

Hi Sebastian,
thanks for your review.
i wil comment on your remarks...

> Could we use "Layouts" and "Partials" as directory, as we use
> UpperCamelCase in Extbase extensions for directories? Or what do you
> think about that?

Yeah you are right, let's do that...

> What do you need the $requestPluginName,
> $requestControllerExtensionName, $requestControllerName,
> $requestControllerActionName for? That'd be interesting for me :-) Why
> do you initialize all this, instead of setting it to NULL?

puh, this is stuff that i brought in. I'm not sure about the pretty
reason... But this could have been for easy link generation in emails.
We might test, if the <f:link.*> will work without exception.

>> +		$view = t3lib_div::makeInstance('Tx_Fluid_View_TemplateView');
> I'd suggest to create a new subclass of
> Tx_Fluid_View_AbstractTemplateView, where you directly inject the
> layout, partial and template paths. IMHO, the logic inside TemplateView
> is not really needed for your particular use case.
> (Have a look into TemplateView, it is quite easy code)

we really wanted to have partials and layout and sections available (you
coud use page.layout to determine layout ;) ) Most of the logic seems to
support the recursive rendering, and file-name detection for partials
and layouts.

Furthermore, we would have to look where to place such class, since it
for sure would rely in fluid itself.

> I'm curious about your comments,
Us, too

regards