[TYPO3-core] RFC #16008: A new TypoScript cObject: FLUIDTEMPLATE

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Sun Oct 17 11:17:58 CEST 2010

Hey Steffen,

>> Could we use "Layouts" and "Partials" as directory, as we use
>> UpperCamelCase in Extbase extensions for directories? Or what do you
>> think about that?
>
> Yeah you are right, let's do that...
Awesome :-)

>> What do you need the $requestPluginName,
>> $requestControllerExtensionName, $requestControllerName,
>> $requestControllerActionName for? That'd be interesting for me :-) Why
>> do you initialize all this, instead of setting it to NULL?
>
> puh, this is stuff that i brought in. I'm not sure about the pretty
> reason... But this could have been for easy link generation in emails.
> We might test, if the <f:link.*> will work without exception.
I think this is needed for link generation, you are right. So we should
keep that.

> we really wanted to have partials and layout and sections available (you
> coud use page.layout to determine layout ;) ) Most of the logic seems to
> support the recursive rendering, and file-name detection for partials
> and layouts.
The classes are responsible for the following:

AbstractTemplateView: responsible for rendering layouts, partials, ...,
but NOT knowing where these files reside

TemplateView: has to implement:
- protected function getTemplateSource($actionName = NULL);
- protected function getLayoutSource($layoutName = 'default');
- protected function getPartialSource($partialName);

So the TemplateView is responsible for determining the source of the
template, the layout, etc.

As you manually set the Template, Partial and Layout directories, I
think a new subclass of AbstractTemplateView would be most appropriate,
as you do not need the automatic resolving of template paths based on
the Request (which is what is implemented in TemplateView).

> Furthermore, we would have to look where to place such class, since it
> for sure would rely in fluid itself.
Yes, that's right. Some ideas for that? One possibility would be to
place this in Fluid, or we place it somewhere in TYPO3 Core.

Thanks again for getting this feature into the core :-D

Greets,
Sebastian