[TYPO3-core] RFC #13750: Bug: Several GIFBUILDER features broken for IM4, IM6 and GM

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Fri Nov 19 11:56:49 CET 2010

> So with the patch v4 the bug under Windows is definitively fixed? Is
> this already "proved"? If this is the case, we just want to make sure
> it doesn't break other situations (Linux and safe_mode)?

Version 4 of the patch makes the image functions of TYPO3 4.5 work on WIN7 - without it there is NO WAY to generate images with masks, nice text and the like at all for ANY Windows based TYPO3 system!

> I applied your test cases (changed filename "testCase" => "Test") and
> it does fail before and after applying the patch:
>
> the only difference I see is the missing [8] array key in the expected
> value. Is the test case bogus, the patch buggy or my setup buggy? :)

As far as I understood, the test case is the problem.
So I guess it would be a good idea to review the tests and make sure they reflect a real world scenario.

I just can confirm, that this patch is the only way to make 4.5 produce usable images and it doesn't seem to have side effects on our windows based local testing VBoxes, so maybe the change can be modified so that it will recognize the OS and behave accordingly?

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de