[TYPO3-core] RFC #16357: Feature: visualize beeing in an workspace by coloring the topbar

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Tue Nov 16 21:12:31 CET 2010

> I'm having some major performance problems in all Webkit browsers after
> this patch. If I'm in a workspace already, and click the workspace
> selector then it takes ~5 seconds to open and CPU usage goes to 100%.
> When I remove the -webkit-border-shadow, its fine.
>
> Is anyone else able to duplicate this or is it just my outdated graphics
> card?
Umm.. after you writing this.. yes, I would say this is true (Webkit on
MacBook Pro).

Damn.. I really ask myself, why they implement all that shiny stuff, but
after some intsive usage (hey.. 3 box-shadows.. not more!) the browser
totally f***s up.
Looking at the CPU meter, I would say that webkit causes higher load
(30% more?), when the topbar is in workspace status.
I have no huge delay after switching the workspace, but accessing the
toolbar menu really takes time.

I do not notice such a behavior in FF/Opera.

Let's look at this after beta1. Chrome has a CPU profiler, right? Think
we should give it a try ;)

Kind regards
Steffen

--