[TYPO3-core] RFC #15668: Bug: TYPO3 Backend should display flags for translations as sprite icons

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Sun Nov 14 09:59:10 CET 2010

Am 14.11.2010 02:47, schrieb Ernesto Baschny [cron IT]:
>    1. TCEform: when editing be_users "limit to language" ACL (TCA
> type=select, special=languages, renderMode=checkbox)
>    2. TCEform: when editing a translated element, the "original language"
> flags displayed below each field
hey ernesto, in Stuttgart i wrote an patch only tranforming TCEForms to
finally support sprites. SInce this is a "Bugfix" - all other icons are
already replaced - this is not put to this list before feature freeze
(but present in bugtracker already).
So I'm definetly -1 to your TCEforms changes.

There is an "fallback" to normal grafic elements implemented, which
defenitely won't work with your SPRITE: annotation... this is a ugly hack.

Furthermore the langauge label has been introduced for a reason... It
does not work without it correctly. The "old language label" is only
present in list-module (if i remeber correctly). Since I streamlined the
usage and building of the array and now, the label is present through
all modules, the label would dissappear at other points... That's why I
introduced it at locallang_general to have a point where it resides,
possible to use for all. --> this does not work correctly

To sum this up:
-1 by reading, -1 by testing, -1 concept

I'm for rather dropping the whole Sprite-Flag top then dooing this...