[TYPO3-core] RFC #15668: Bug: TYPO3 Backend should display flags for translations as sprite icons

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Sun Nov 14 02:47:59 CET 2010

Steffen Ritter schrieb am 02.11.2010 14:22:
> Am 08.09.2010 19:48, schrieb Steffen Ritter:
>> This is part three of a flag replacement,
> attached v2 is the result of my session with Ernesto at T3CSS10 ...
>
>> part one (15229) provides new flags as sprite,
> already committed
>
>> part two (15666) will refactor sys_languages table
> pending...
=> commited

Now this last part. I reviewed it and came up with v3 attached. For your
reviewing convenience, also attached a diff between Steffen's v2 and my v3.

Changes were:

- Added support for the new sprite flags in some missing spots:
  1. TCEform: when editing be_users "limit to language" ACL (TCA
type=select, special=languages, renderMode=checkbox)
  2. TCEform: when editing a translated element, the "original language"
flags displayed below each field
  3. User Admin > compare "Limit to language"

- Annotated the breaking change in t3lib_beFunc::getSystemLanguages,
which now don't return flag images anymore, but sprites.

- Some minor cosmetics.

+1 by reading and testing of course. :)

Cheers,
Ernesto