[TYPO3-core] RFC #13750: Bug: Several GIFBUILDER features broken for IM4, IM6 and GM

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat May 29 11:12:26 CEST 2010

Joerg Wagner [DigiLog] wrote:
> I now checked through the complete documentation of the ImageMagick
> command-line tool. The parameters used in Georg's testcase are
> definitely wrong. An integer in square brackets following a file name is
> allowed for source files and selects a single frame in a multi frame
> image format, but must be enclosed INTO the quotes and may never be
> appended AFTER them! (See section "Selecting Frames" of
> http://www.imagemagick.org/www/command-line-processing.html)
>
> So all file parameters in the testcase that have appended brackets must
> be changed from...
>     "C:/Users/...fe_maskNT.gif"[0]
>     "C:/Users/...fe_maskNT.gif[0]"

Attached version 2 of the testcase. Modifications:

* frame is inside the quotes (as IM manual states)

Attached version 3 of the patch against trunk. Modifications:

* unquoting (not used by ImageMagick commands!) also removes single
quotes around a string
* CGL whitespaces
* frame number is inserted inside the quotes in
class.t3lib_stdgraphic.php (I know this should be in a different RFC,
but it is related to the issue and only a single line)

RESULTS
=======
The test cases were all green in PHPUnit, Install Tool image test all
succeeded with GraphicsMagick on Windows.

USAGE
=====
t3lib_div::unQuoteFilenames() is used in:

[class.t3lib_div.php at line 5871, column 23]
$paramsArr = self::unQuoteFilenames($parameters);
[class.t3lib_parsehtml_proc.php at line 696, column 27]
                  $tagCode =
t3lib_div::unQuoteFilenames(trim(substr($this->getFirstTag($v),0,-1)),true);
[class.tslib_content.php at line 5883, column 30]
    $link_paramA = t3lib_div::unQuoteFilenames($link_param,true);
[class.browse_links.php at line 817, column 35]
  $currentLinkParts =
t3lib_div::unQuoteFilenames($this->P['currentValue'], TRUE);

Can we please have tests with IM4-6/GM on Windows and *nix? This bug has
quite some impact on image handling in TYPO3 on Windows.

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl