[TYPO3-core] RFC #14461: TCEforms: Use fieldsets for palettes instead of tables

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue May 25 10:29:49 CEST 2010

> Also, we now get a slightly different background color on palettes and
> left-aligned labels rather than stacked on top. The last annoyance is
> that the help icon appears between the label and form input. I know
> there's a lot of stuff in flux with the new skin work coming so maybe
> these styling issues don't matter.

Well - these "annoyances" have been introduced on purpose during T3UXW09.
We discussed the styling a lot and came to the conclusion that it would be
better to use more of the available width instead of wasting it by
unnecessary line breaks within the containers of each field. After all this
means less scrolling for people with high res screens and due to the
floating of the containers still no horizonzal scrolling at all.

We agreed on having the label before the help icon before the field before
possible wizards, since this would "answer" the questions people would have
when first using these fields the best way.

What is it? => Label
What exactly does this mean? => Help Icon
How can I change that? => Input or Textarea
Is there something to assist me? => Wizard Icon

But you are right regarding the missing icons for required and changed
fields - so this should be fixed.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian