[TYPO3-core] RFC #14461: TCEforms: Use fieldsets for palettes instead of tables

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Tue May 25 00:46:31 CEST 2010

On 5/22/10 11:03 AM, Benjamin Mack wrote:
> Hey,
>
> this is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: cleanup
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14461
>
> Problem/Solution:
> In order to be semantically correct, have less HTML-tables for the
> layout, and to have more flexibility, we should use a fieldset for a
> palette. This patch also introduces CSS classes according to the new
> naming scheme of the fields in this palette.
>
> Notes:
> #1 I'm quite unsure about the impact on this one, maybe someone might
> improve the CSS here to make it more consistent? Doesn't feel 100% yet,
> but I want your comments :)
>
> #2 This patch was done by me, but initially developed by Joey Hasenau on
> the T3UXW09, I merely updated it, did some minor adjustments to fit to
> current trunk.
>
> All the best,
> Benni.

Looks like the current patch doesn't account for showing icons for
required and changed fields (deleted in line 58 and 59 of the patch).
Other than that, the actual functionality seems fine in my quick tests.

Also, we now get a slightly different background color on palettes and
left-aligned labels rather than stacked on top. The last annoyance is
that the help icon appears between the label and form input. I know
there's a lot of stuff in flux with the new skin work coming so maybe
these styling issues don't matter.

Attaching before and after screenshots from cal.

Thanks,
Jeff