[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9793: No way to hook into the publish process for a workspace

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Mon May 24 17:48:24 CEST 2010

Hey Steffen,

On 22.05.10 23:39, Steffen Kamper wrote:
> i'm a bit indecisive with the interface.
> At the time this RFC was done we had a decision to allow hooks only with
> an interface. in the meantime we have several new hooks came without
> interface. We even have different kinds of integration.
Well, I can't remember right now when we decided on this, as I can't
find anything about this in the official documentation:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.3.0/view/3/4/

  => "Creating hooks"

> Personally I don't see any advantage of interface for the hook here, all
> existing workspace hooks are without interface.
> We have some in cms which makes sense, so imho we need a good reason to
> use an interface .
>
> Also our goal to unify all hooks isn't reached at any stage.
Well, I agree. There has been no "preferred official way" of writing or
naming hooks so far, in order to unify them.

So, I don't insist on the way the hook is implemented, but more on the
right place.

All the best,
Benni.