[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14396: Warn when KEEP_FILE is set

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Sun May 16 19:13:05 CEST 2010

Hi Steffen,

On 16.05.10 17:25, Steffen Kamper wrote:

>> * The warning messeage renders the warning every time, even if the setup
>> was called just to change passwords.
>>

> but this should be the case. And it was also you who voted for nagging
> the user is this is set.

Well nagging, but in the right place. This could be the Reports Module,
or the warning box in About Modules (btw. you can still delete it there)
or ...

>> I suggest to not render the flash message, but render a warning sign on
>> the disabled button with a tooltip that contains the text of the flash
>> message.
>
> no - then you only see it when change to last tab.

Right, because then I will need this information, when I want to click
the remove button.

> And - that's what flash messages are for.

So they are about nagging a user, even if it isn't relevant for him? ;)

My personal opinion is that the whole "create enable install tool file"
does absolutely not belong to the user setup, it is not a user option
but a system setting.

But unfortunately this is what we have.

Nagging a user with system warnings, when he or she wants to change
something user related makes it even worse.

Last but not least, why not let the admin delete the file, even if
KEEP_FILE is set.

But I'm a bit tired discussing the whole KEEP_FILE stuff.

Since your latest patch fixes the implementation glitches, I don't care
if this goes in like this.

If I find some time, I will make a proposal for the whole stuff, that
can go in 4.5 or so...

So +-0 after reading and testing.

Regards Helmut