[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14396: Warn when KEEP_FILE is set

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sun May 16 18:08:46 CEST 2010

Helmut Hummel wrote:
> On 16.05.10 01:46, Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> When the ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file contents "KEEP_FILE" it won't be deleted.
>
> -1 for the current implementation.
>

> That's why:
>
> * The warning messeage renders the warning every time, even if the setup
> was called just to change passwords.

True, it's a bit odd that the warning is visible when a tab is shown
which has nothing to do with the file.

> * Although it works it looks strange to me that the introduced
> properties are protected, but are used in a not protected context
> ($parent->installToolFileExists)

IMO properties (data members) should never be public. If you ever need
to change the way data is stored you're stuck because the property has
become part of the public API.

> * although there is the warning, I find it strange that the button looks
> the same (even if it's disabled). Btw. even with Steffen Geberts patch,
> the mouse cursor still turns into a pointer when hovering the button.

Why not simply hide the button if the file contains KEEP_FILE and
display the flashmessage in its place?

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert