[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14396: Warn when KEEP_FILE is set

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sun May 16 17:25:07 CEST 2010

Hi,

Helmut Hummel schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> -1 for the current implementation.
>

> That's why:
>
> * The warning messeage renders the warning every time, even if the setup
> was called just to change passwords.

but this should be the case. And it was also you who voted for nagging
the user is this is set.

> * Although it works it looks strange to me that the introduced
> properties are protected, but are used in a not protected context
> ($parent->installToolFileExists)

yes, it's not the clean solution. Attached patch change this.

> * although there is the warning, I find it strange that the button looks
> the same (even if it's disabled). Btw. even with Steffen Geberts patch,
> the mouse cursor still turns into a pointer when hovering the button.

the lack of css - there was no style for disabled button. I also added
white text color and default cursor for them.

> I suggest to not render the flash message, but render a warning sign on
> the disabled button with a tooltip that contains the text of the flash
> message.

no - then you only see it when change to last tab. And - that's what
flash messages are for.

> The protected properties should get a public getter which should be
> called from the outside.

done in attached patch, please relook.

vg Steffen