[TYPO3-core] RFC #14390: Provide a way to see Install Tool DB passwords in the form

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat May 15 01:11:45 CEST 2010

Lars Houmark wrote:

> Attached is a v2 which is compatible with IE browsers. If the browser is
> IE, it will inject a new text-field using prototype next to the password
> field, and update the value. When clicking again, the field will be
> hidden and the value from the normal text field will be copied back.

Tested in IE6, IE8 (+IE7 mode), FF, Chrome, Safari on Vista. Works as
advertized

+1 on reading and testing

> Besides that the entire function is now using prototype namespace only.

I noticed earlier that the install tool uses prototype. Wasn't the
entire backend supposed to use ExtJS?

> Besides that, IE still has serious design issues in the Install Tool.
> Especially in the 1-2-3 mode.

Yes, I noticed that the CSS I sent to Patrick was merged into a ie6.css
and loaded in all IE versions. There were separate versions for IE6 and
IE7 (IE8 worked with the 'normal' CSS already).
But there are also other styling issues which were obviously not tested
in old IE versions :-(

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert