[TYPO3-core] RFC #14390: Provide a way to see Install Tool DB passwords in the form

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Sat May 15 00:03:38 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

Lars Houmark wrote:
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Tweak / Usability improvement

Attached is a v2 which is compatible with IE browsers. If the browser is
IE, it will inject a new text-field using prototype next to the password
field, and update the value. When clicking again, the field will be
hidden and the value from the normal text field will be copied back.

Besides that the entire function is now using prototype namespace only.

Tested in IE6 and IE8 (besides all the other REAL browsers) - I guess
IE7 will work also :)

One minor nitpick. When testing in Firefox the field is positioned more
to the right, but I could not quickly figure out what was the reason.

Besides that, IE still has serious design issues in the Install Tool.
Especially in the 1-2-3 mode.

--
Lars Houmark